Colonel Davenport Historical Foundation

Visit the House

The Colonel Davenport House was built in 1833-34 for George Davenport and his family on Arsenal Island, an island owned by the Federal Government in the Mississippi River. Davenport came to the area in 1816 with the U.S. Army to establish Fort Armstrong. He was a smart businessman and branched into other businesses -- fur trader, keel boat operator, lead mine operator, postmaster, and others.

Hours & Admission

Directions and Map

Group Tours

Security Requirements

 

Icon with a photo of a woman that leads to the News page Icon with a portrait of Colonel George Davenport that leads to the Events page Icon with a photo of the Davenport House that leads to the Admission page